Saturday 20 April 2013

BOOK REVIEW

 

Follow these steps to give a book review.







  • Introduction: give the title and author of the book.
  • Body:
 1. Summarize the plot in a few sentences.
 2. Mention the setting: the place and time of the plot.
 3. Say something about the main characters.
 4. Say something about the content.
  • Conclusion:
1. Comment on the book.
2. Let others know whether or not you liked the book.
3. Why do you like it? Why don't you like it?
4. Is the author's style good or bad, is the book interesting or boring etc.
5. Do you want to recommend the book/film?

Useful Expressions:

Title, Author: The book is written by ... 

Setting: The action takes place in ... (setting)

              The story takes place in...


Characters and Plot

The main characters are ...
The story is about ....
The novel tells the story of ...
In the course of the novel the action develops dramatically.
The novel begins with...
The novel has an unexpected ending.
The end of ... is ...
  Reaction  
I am impressed by
I highly recommend the book because...
I liked/didn't like the novel because..
I think ....
The book is terribly / beautifully written
What surprised me is ...
What I liked is...
What I didn't like is...



DEADLINE: Thursday 25th

No comments:

Post a Comment