And indeed he did many wonderful things. As U.S. President Barack Obama said, Mr Jobs was “bold enough to believe he could change the world, and talented enough to do it”.
Let's pay tribute to him by watching this video where we can learn a bit more about his life and his life philosophy:
- The first story is about connecting the dots.
- The second story is about love and loss.
- The third story is about death.
Try to answer the following questions:
-WHY DO YOU THINK HIS MOTHER DECIDED TO PUT HIM UP FOR ADOPTION?
-WHERE DID HE START WORKING WITH APLE?
-HOW MANY EMPLOYEES DID APLE GET TO HAVE IN JUST TWO YEARS?
-WHAT HAPPENED WHEN HE WAS 30?
-DID THAT MAKE HIM ANY GOOD? WHY?
-WHY DID HE RETURN TO APPLE?
-WHAT KEPT HIM GOING WHEN THINGS GOT ROUGH?
-HOW DOES KNOWING HE’S GOING TO DIE HELP HIM?
-WHY IS DEATH HEALTHY?
-WHAT WILL MAKE THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE?
Here is the first Think Different Apple commercial that never aired, narrated by Steve Jobs: "Here's to the Crazy Ones". What makes great people great?
"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes, the ones who see things differently. They are not fond of rules and they have no respect for the status quo.
You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things, they push the human race forward.
While some may have seen them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."
There are 17 great people in the commercial. How many did you recognize?
Writing Task for 2ºBTO
1. Write an essay describing the kind of company you would like to start.
2. Write an essay in which you compare Bill Gates of Microsoft and Steve Jobs of Apple.
3. In his comment speech at Stanford University, Jobs spoke about how he used the idea that we could die at any time as a way of motivating himself to work hard. Write an essay in which you either agree with this idea and provide reasons, or why you disagree with this idea.
4. Today is the last day of your life. Write an essay describing what things you would do with your time.